Thursday, December 17, 2009

I know its a little early to be writing something like this for all you seniors to read, but my time where im able to even get online is running out. See, my senior year i got lazy. I didnt attempt to get any scholorships, i was no longer eligable for the stars program due to corzines need to change it, and i didnt apply for financial aid. I kept telling myself oh i have time i have time, but before i knew it, i ran out of time. And like most families, we couldnt afford college. So where did i go? I joined the Military. Im now scheduled to ship to basic training on january 5th. Im not ashamed to admit that, in the beginning, i signed solely because they would pay for my education. However, as i talked to others in the army, navy, and marines, military life began to sing to me. When i put deep thought into it, i realize that this is probably my calling. However, that does not change the fact that, ironically, i joined at first due to my lazyness.So basically, what i am trying to tell you is start now. And Trust Me, i know all of oakcrest has probably already said this to you a thousand times, but they couldnt be more right. By starting now you can be sure to get the money you need to finance your college career, that more then anything, will help you to get a good job in this economy- im not trying to parent you - far from it. You guys are nearing adulthood, its time for you to make your own decisions. Just dont mess yourselves up because you didnt take college seriously. All of you have great potential, now its nearing the time for you to live up to your grand statements and to make your dreams a reality. So, in the end, Good Luck! When i come home in june or july of next year, i hope to see all of you graduates happy and enjoy your future!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the advice! I think we all needed to hear this...yet again. It somehow makes a difference that it's coming from a former senior at oak rather than a guidance counselor

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...or an English teacher, Tamari?

    ReplyDelete