Thursday, March 18, 2010

Letterbox: AKA "Those black bars on the screen"

Despite being ridiculously tired, I'm currently sitting up and watching The Gunfight at O.K. Corral with my father because I haven't seen him all week. Plus, hey...it's a pretty good movie. Stars Burt Lancaster (as Wyatt Earp) and Kirk Douglas (as Doc Holiday), it's about what the title says...the gunfight at the O.K. Corral.

Anyway, that's not why I'm here. I just watched this little informative tidbit that TCM plays occasionally about the beauty of widescreen and letterbox movies (and why these movies shown in fullscreen is heresy!). I managed to find it on YouTube...it's only about 5 minutes long, and it's pretty nifty. So, here it is. If you've ever wondered about those black bars on your screen, here's a wonderful explanation about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment