Tuesday, February 9, 2010

TCM, I love you.

Dear TCM:

You always know just what to show to make me happy, no matter how bad of a day I've had. I love you.

-Sarah

....Yeah, They're showing Stalag 17 right now. :D TCM has officially made my night. I love this channel. You people should watch it more often! It's awesome.

Ties into what we're learning right now too, WWII and such. A little about the film:

Directed by Billy Wilder, Stalag 17 stars William Holden (as the protagonist J.J. Sefton) and Otto Preminger (as the ruthless Commandant von Sherbach). No one has ever escaped from Stalag 17, a POW camp for American Airmen. Maybe that's because there's a spy in barracks four. The German guards seem to know everything that's about to happen before it happens. Most of the POWs suspect Sgt. J.J. Sefton, whose wheeling-and-dealing tends to gain him special privileges from the camp guards. When Lt. Dubar arrives at the camp and is accused of blowing up an ammunitions train, the POWs must expose the stoolie and help Dunbar escape before the SS arrives to take him away.































4 comments: