Friday, October 12, 2012

If I Were You...Which, Of Course, I'm Not

If I were you instead of me. If I were sitting on buckets of time, a youthful countenance and some disposable income. If I had a girlfriend instead of a wife. If I rolled with a big gaggle of loud, single friends instead of a big gaggle of loud, single kids...I might consider going to the movies all three nights of this weekend. Here's what I would go see:

1. Argo: As I said in class, I have not seen this much early Oscar buzz since Slumdog Millionaire, which was a fine film, but not my favorite of that year. Affleck has yet to make a bad film. Also, I find him to be one of Hollywood's most likable men. I root for him to succeed. I don't know if that makes me naieve or stupid or what...but I, well, I just like him. I liiike him.

2. Looper: Premise rocks. Director has yet to make a bad film. Gordon Levitt with crazy eyebrows...and possible Academy  technical darling (i.e. this year's Inception)

3. Perks of Being a Wallflower: Big fan of the book. Hermione is adorable. Could be Academy dark horse because they are dying to attract younger moviegoers

No comments:

Post a Comment