Monday, October 29, 2012

"The Comedy"

I have been intrigued by this film. Seems to embody the generational concepts we have discussed in class (but we were applying to zombies, not to the more explicit idea of a dark comedy character sketch). I think it would be an excellent "philosophical" companion to DOS, but there is a lot of talk of "being shocked" and "disturbed" by the film. On one hand, that's the kind of "avant gard" art that the film institute aims to expose you to. On the other hand, it seems way too explicit for a high school class. So....I dunno. See if it's your cup of tea. I don't think we will watch it in class, but I do think it's worth keeping an eye on. I need to see it first. For now, here's a trailer and an interview (I love the filmmakers in this clip, but the interviewers stiiiiiinks).





No comments:

Post a Comment