Monday, October 27, 2008

Scariest Halloween Ever

It's zero hour. The stroke of midnight. The witching hour. The zombies have surrounded the house. They have broken through the glass windows and shattered the doors into splinters. Their ghoulish eyes set upon me. Their salivating grins shine in the dense moonlight. I pull my orange and blue covers tighter around my neck. Hopeless. Gasping. Praying. My David Wright pajamas soaked in sweat.

They are upon me now. Surrounding my bed. Wild screams and noises bubbling up from within their gruesome army. They are dripping, oozing stench. I know I am done. Their clawed fingers dart toward me. They say horrible things like "Mondee" instead of "Monday" and "iggles" instead of "eagles." Are they even human? I am lost in a sea of blood red. Blood red. Red.

I let out one final gasp as they overcome me..."let's go rays." Is it a hopeless screech in the darkest night?

1 comment: