Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First and Foremost

I TAKE COMPLETE BLAME!
1. So sorry Mr. Costal... day of lipsync, I was just chillin on the couch on my bf's laptop and passed across the lipdub video for "I got a feelin". I, from there, showed Mr. Lockwood, and thought nothing of it.. (my mental reasoning was, he does media, video is media, just show him, and entirely forgot about the blog) so it's my fault I didn't share..
1.5 HOWEVER I did link it to everyone on fb, so if they didn't see it.. yea

2. As I was getting my things ready for school, I was thinking, what if yes, we do our video backwards, but more original. Doing it backwards is an accomplishment in itself and it requires much dedication, BUT what if we up the ante and reverse the video, but it goes forward.

*now what i mean is, we shoot and we're walking backwards and singing backwords, so there, we look like we're walking forward and singing BUT (now here's where I don't know if it works) we make our movements go forward...

you see, yes backwords things look cool, but to have the side actions (like paper or balls or people) to be playing forward even though the actions are reversed (err, hope that's not too wordy) is my challenge for our lipdub


now we've all seen those balls or objects that you strap to our wrists and when you throw it, it comes back... well to have some small objects wired, but not entangled could do it just right. let's say we're recording and im walking backwards and singing backwards, the people on the sides of the hall way are actually shooting their arms up and the objects would just come back to them.. so that when the edit goes for it to be reversed, it looks like they're throwing it... doubly challenging..


now the only problem is, where can we find such small material that is like elastic, enough for a whole cast, AND won't kill the people recording? NO IDEA.. i just came up with what would look cool..

now if it just doesn't make sense, i totally understand.. but you got to admit, if done correctly, we'd look like pros.. but let's remember Shorecrest started this battle, and are currently losing.. do we want to start a battle with them? (knowing how much more they have) OR should we just put ourselves out there so that we have a voice too...

let's not attack gami... yet

2 comments:

  1. They don't have MORE than us...I totally want to challenge them, otherwise I did not understand the concept behind yuor post at all!

    And once again, OF COURSE you went to Lockwood and Thomas with this idea...they ARE the media teachers. I was not saying that I needed to be contacted first, I was just reacting to the sentiment that plans were moving forward without snuffaluffagus and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i guess the concept is much easier demonstrated than explained.. we shall discuss this in class then.

    ReplyDelete