Monday, September 28, 2009

A Nightmare on Elm Street




my reaction:

oh great ANOTHER horror movie rema-

(Jackie Earl Haley is Freddy)

...okay, well, that's kind of cool, but still man there's no way this could possibly turn out any goo-

(from producer michael bay)

OH COME ON THIS IS RETARDED. god i am so sick of michael bay and his shenaniga-

(snippits of some iconic scenes from the original look almost identical to the ones in this remake, right down to the lighting and color-palette)

Wow. Okay, this is uh, wow.

(trailer ends with Haley's "Freddy Voice")

....I am okay with this.

4 comments:

  1. I am NOT going to sit here & complain that there is no other Freddy Kruger besides Robert Englund (even though there isn't), because I'm very happy with the casting of Haley, and think he'll make a very scary Freddy...
    BUT-
    Though this trailer is pretty good, it doesn't get me pumped up to see this remake (& all of Platinum Dunes' trailers usually do that). The films vary (I love "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake, whereas the "Friday the 13th" redo was a mess), & I lack any confidence in Bay as a producer.
    I didn't read the script that was leaked online, so I don't know for sure, but this thing looks pretty faithful to the original...but I have a gut feeling it won't be nearly as effective.
    Still, this is a decent trailer, and there's some good talent involved in this 're-imagining', so I'll definitely give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have to say myself that what you posted would be an awesome monologue! :)

    ReplyDelete