Sunday, September 27, 2009

Why...!?


There have been several remakes in the history of film. Some have beeen good, while others have been disappointing. Some movies should just not be re-made. Ever. So, when i heard that they were re-making the movie The Karate Kid, all I could say was, " Ewwwww, why?!". They are getting Willl Smiths son to be the "karate kid", and Jackie Chan is going to play the role of "old lone wolf asian dude who knows karate", a.k.a Mr. Miyagi. ( I wonder if they are going to call him Mr. Chan in this movie..) This movie should just be left alone, atleast for another ten years, before they try and "Hollowoodize", with horrible slang, a predictable storyline, and really lame dialouge ( i.e Fame). While they are said to be changing the name to Kung-Fu kid, it still is the same movie, just with a lamer title. The sad part is I expect this movie to still do waaay better thna it should in the box office, and it will cause people to hate an american classic without even watching the original movie. *Sigh*, I don't know if I'm late about hearing this, but I'm still saddened by my knowledge of this new movie.

6 comments:

  1. It's inevitable. I have to ask you, what remakes have been good? What remake in the history of movies has warranted more praise than the original? I can think of a nice hand full of remakes, none are worth it. There is a difference between reinventing the material though. This is the case with pieces like Hamlet or Alice in Wonderland, which will be doomed to be rehashed every 10 years or less. There is a large list of upcoming remakes and The Karate Kid is not the most disappointing, trust me. Do we need Robocop... again? How about The Never Ending Story? The best way to show your disgust for these remakes is not to shell out money to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember ever enjoying a karate kid movie. But sadly, i think this movie will do good solely because of Will Smiths son..especially after his role in Persuit of Happyness. I hate when celebrities gain fame because of their family members (cough cough miley cyrus)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Never Ending Story remade?? wierd to the max,
    robocop remade, not at all surprised

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the movie industry makes me want to cry...
    And now that I think about it there has never been a better remake than the original. EVER. The only movie that I can say came close to being better than the original was the Parent trap with lindsey lohan, and that's not saying very much. I think I will stop watching movies the day they start making remakes of will Farrell movies, with a much lamer will Farrell wanabe....

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, if you were not alive in 1984, then you are not "the best around/nothing's gonna ever keeeep youuuuu dooooooooooooowwwwwwwnnnnnnn!" You have no idea the power behind the words, "sweep the leg, johnny," and do not deserve to comment on the power of Daniel-San's trials and tribulations at Myagi-Do. Powerful. Powerful. Keifer Sutherland: powerful. Bananna Rama's "Cruel Summer": Powerful. Crane Kick: Powerful. Myagi drunk on sake and rubbing his hands together: Powerful.

    Now, that said, yea this sucks. It reminds me of that time when MY father cast me as Rick in his remake of "Casablanca" called "Casanegra" even though I was only seven. Good times. Go easy Fresh Prince, it's obvious to me that Parents Just Don't Understand.

    ReplyDelete