Sunday, January 4, 2009

This is a call....

1. ...to anyone willing to tape the broadcast of the Golden Globes this coming Sunday on CBS, so that we may view and break down the events in class. Please be advised that it becomes increasingly difficult to time the recording of this event because CBS will probably be broadcasting football prior to it, so 60 Minutes will run over and the whole operation could be (or not) pushed back.

2. ...to any of my beloved alumni who would like to come in and present or teach while they are home for break. Please contact me to discuss options privately, not on blog, via e-mail, facebook or text message. Double O Dashing is coming in on the 7th to drop his new album.

3. ...to any of my beloved current students...PLAN A TRIP...I'm tired of asking and reminding!

4. ...to Meg Brady who has spent the past few days on the set of her first, feature length indie film, the institute is on its way, bay-bee!

7 comments:

  1. Well I'm interested in doing some teaching. I want to whip up a Steven Spielberg presentation because I had to do a speech on him for my communication class and have an abundance of knowledge on him and his films. I'll whip something up that will go over him and his film techniques, character arches and signature film style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great...what day do you want to come in, and what movies do you want me to show before you come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was talking to Cervi the other day, (actually, like a month ago) and he thought it would be neat if we could do something with his classes to go see a movie that seems to escape my mind right now, but comes out Janurary 16th. It will most likely be playing at our local Regal, unless i find out from Alex if its in Limited Release, but we could always try Frank (over by Out Back Steak House) which isn't normally as crowded.

    Unless you were james and i attending the 7:30 pm showing of Slumdog Millionare, in which case the entire room was packed and the youngest people in there (besides us) were around ...oh....70....

    I love old people, but that was too many in one room.

    Anyway....I'll head over to Frank sometime this week, or give them a call to see how much the going rate is for tickets if ANYONE is interested in this idea besides me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw...way to follow directions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oOoOoh! is it called 'The Argentine' or 'The Guerilla'? In that case, I'm in! or 'Notorious'????! In that case, I'm still in!



    (it's probably 'Defiance'?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe it's actually Defiance...I'm pretty sure...

    I know it has to do with World War two, otherwise cervi would not want to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. Costal you know I'm a ruler breaker. Or just not an attentive reader. I'll EMAIL or FACEBOOK you either tonight or tomorrow. I need to get everything worked out on my end and the migraine I have is saying that won't happen all tonight.

    ReplyDelete