Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Insomnia meets Somnia?

Dear Insomnia Participants,

Due to unexpected challenges we are postponing the 2008 Insomnia Film Festival. We understand the inconvenience and disappointment this change of schedule brings to those of you who have been preparing to participate.

Our plan is to reschedule the festival for after the holidays. If you have already registered on the Insomnia Gallery we will automatically contact you when the new festival dates are scheduled. Sincerely,
Apple Insomnia Team

Enter: Film Institute(Stage Left)

This is a very unfortunate turn of events, aster all the hype from the completion of our silent films I was chomping at the bit to start on a new project. For some reason, unlike any other class the Film Institute has reached into by brain, spreading out like a root finding hold in the fertile ground. My ground? My mind! For the past couple of days the only thing I have caught myself doing is writing scripts, premises, ideas, anything to keep my creative juices surging. To satisfy my quench for results I am hoping to put into action an idea of any ilk. Here is my proposition to you, our class: Lets do an out of class insomnia festival. I know that i am willing to challenge myself with creative storms captured by the pulchritude of film. My original thought is to see what you guys think about an idea to create a short film by Christmas break, which is an abundance of time to complete said project. I think it will be cool to make one now, with a little more understanding of the camera an process of making a film and then compare them to our final projects. Supporters? Opposer's? Questions? Comments? Concerns?


7 comments:

  1. I'm in. I probably won't be able to think much about it until the play is over though. So Saturday I can start trying to come up with ideas. If we manage to get a big group together on this, I'm sure we could make something cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah jon, my intentions were not to stress anybody out in the least way, i thought it would be a cool side thing to do.

    ReplyDelete