Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thanks from Mr. Rockelman

Thanks for having me over at the Oak. It’s always a pleasure meeting with people who have a genuine interest in the arts. Your questions were engaging and your comments insightful and encouraging. I wish you all luck in your future endeavors and hope to keep track of your progress via this nifty blog. I’ll also check in once in a while just to chat about film and TV. BTW, saw Paranoid Park last night and while I can’t officially consent to you kiddies watching an R rated movie, I can say that Gus Van Sant captures the sentiments of a disillusioned youth better than any other. Thanks again and talk to you soon,

Mr. Rockelman

5 comments:

  1. Mr. Rockelman,
    No thank you for coming. Listening to you speak and seeing your films has inpired me. I never fully wrapped my brain around how much time and effort goes into making a film even a short one, until you came. It was interesting to hear and find out about all the different techniques you used to get certain shots. I loved your short films,'Inn for the Night.' It was cool to see how you and Mr. Green though have different styles and techniques, the passion still remains to same. Keep up the hard work and who knows maybe one day you will become famous, and if that does happen dont forget about the Film Institute. We would love for you to come in and speak again as well as for the classes next year and years after that. Again Thank you so much!
    -Devon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you from everyone at Oakcrest. Your film work shines through each year; your dedication, originality and creativity to our students is invaluable! Hollywood calls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Mr. Rockelman, i loved you coming an telling how everything worked out. i never had anyone tell me all about it before. i enjoyed being able to figure out what is really put into a movie. i hope we can see you again! thanks.
    -Rickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it. It was so interesting to see your work, and scary too. xD I jumped at the end of "Help Me." Thanks so much for taking the time to visit us. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. my favorite one was carver- nothinh has ever really made me feel sick before, and this one was starting to get to me right before the ending!!!

    ReplyDelete